Emperor & Empress


Drawn: February 2020
This started out with a paper sketch which is unusual as the vast majority of my digital work is created entirely on the computer. I didn't plan this to be a digital artwork but transferred over to digital because my paper exceeded its capacity to be rubbed out before I was happy with my drawing.

The style of this piece was different to anything I'd done previously as I put more effort into my sketch/line art and avoided shading entirely. 

I'd tried to avoid relying on line art ever since I started my 'digital painting' style in late 2018. More recently I had experimented with a few drawings using a mix of sketch & line art with shading but was never quite happy with them.

Having completed this piece I concluded that stylistically I prefer to either do a full digital painting style or use lines and no shading.

Although this pairing isn't canon, I have always preferred them over AliMor, so I continue to draw them.


-
Program: FireAlpaca
Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106k
Character: Hakuryuu Ren & Morgiana from Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
-

©Dragonsflyatsunset 2020, all rights reserved.