Fer.al ‘Shinigami’

Shinigami painting
-

[Image ID] A watercolour painting, in green, brown and yellow tones, of the head and shoulders of my ‘Shinigami’ creature from the game Fer.al. The face is in profile so only one side is visible. At normal eye level is a yellow eye and above it is a smaller yellow eye, both have slit pupils. It has a yellow orb, surrounded by rocky debris, on top of its head. The face itself is a distinctive animal skull esque shape, with a curly sheep or goat like horn at the top, whilst the mouth is very jagged as if to resemble sharp teeth. Its hair is green and furry whilst the neck and shoulders have human like qualities. [description end]

-



A watercolour interpretation of my ‘Shinigami’ creature from the game Fer.al (pronounced feral).

In-game screenshot
A screenshot of my Shinigami in Fer.al

-

[Image ID] The screenshot of my Shinigami in Fer.al shows its wings and body as well as the head. The wings are jagged and yellow, but otherwise it is mostly green and grey. [description end]

-



The background was done first, using a homemade ink spray. I did the original sketch for this piece in my sketchbook. I took a photo of that and printed it out at a larger scale so I could trace it onto watercolour paper using a lightbox.

The sketchbook version was sketched with a mechanical pencil, but I used a watercolour pencil when tracing it over as this would be less visible in the final painting. I painted over the sketch with a mixture of watercolour paints for larger areas and watercolour pencils for the details. The painting of this piece was completed in one sitting, having sketched it out the night before. Including the sketch, it took around an hour to complete.



In the past I have crocheted Miss Marguerite who is also from fer.al, she can be viewed here.


-

Homemade ink spray (a few drops of peeled paint distress ink reinker, mixed with a much larger amount of water, in a spray bottle)

Windsor & Newton Cotman watercolour paints

Castle watercolour pencils

Daler Rowney A4 Aquafine Texture watercolour paper (I used half a sheet for this painting)

-



painting ©Dragonsflyatsunset 2021, all rights reserved.