Ice Practise

-

[Image ID] This digital painting is of my own character, Kyan, in a moonlit landscape scene. Shafts of moonlight illuminate the ground visible through an avenue of trees. Kyan is sat on the edge of a mossy, natural bridge over a stream. The water of the stream has begun to freeze over on the near side of the bridge. She has blue hair parted down the middle, with a section hanging loose either side of her face, and a bun at the back. She is wearing a long sleeved dark blue t-shirt under a loose green jacket with rolled up sleeves, green trousers, and knee-high lace up bluey grey boots. She is also holding a long blue sword out in front of her which shines in the moonlight. [description end]

-


I created this piece to continue practising the new way of working I tried in The Black Magi.

Like usual, I painted Kyan first and then moved onto the background. However, this time I made lighting decisions in the sketch stage. Enabling me to consider the light throughout the process, rather than only airbrushing it on at the end.

-
Time taken: 6.5 hours

Program: FireAlpaca

Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K

Character: Kyan, from my story/novel project – Candle Of Ice
-

©Dragonsflyatsunset 2021, all rights reserved.