Solace

Solace artwork

“Even if the rest of the world rejects you, I won’t”

-

[Image ID] A man, and a woman, hugging, amidst a dying forest. He has short black hair, and is wearing a robe which is almost entirely black. She has long wavy blonde hair, which is left loose, and is so long that it goes off the bottom of the picture. She is wearing a loose white dress with a ruffled cape-like segment near the neck. He is significantly taller than her, the top of her head reaching only to his shoulder.[description end]

-


These two are undoubtedly my favourite couple in Fairy Tail. I find their complex history really interesting, as well as their character depth, individually, and as a couple.

Painting the figures was fairly routine, but the background was an experiment. I opted to use a rougher painting style for the background, as it seemed to better fit the decaying forest around them. The falling leaves are from a custom scatter brush I created using rough leaf silhouettes. The silhouettes I sketched aren’t detailed, and look very simple close to, but I find them surprisingly effective at a distance.

-

Time taken: 6 hours

Program: FireAlpaca

Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K

Characters: Zeref & Mavis, from the manga Fairy Tail (By Hiro Mashima)

-