Long -Tailed Tit photos

A series of photos I took this week of Long-Tailed Tits in my garden. I saw them by chance whilst walking past the feeders and had expected them to be long gone by the time I returned with my camera, but surprisingly they stayed long enough for me to take some photos!
image 1

-

 [Image ID 1] A long-Tailed Tit perched on an apple tree branch. [description end]

-



image 2

-

 [Image ID 2] Two Long-Tailed Tits on a “cage style” bird feeder. The right hand one is hanging onto the bars near the bottom, and looking into the feeder. The left hand bird is sat further up the bars and looking away from the feeder.[description end]

-



image 3

-

[Image ID 3] Three Long-Tailed Tits in the same feeder. Two are sat in the bottom pecking at the seed whilst a third looks into the feeder from part way up the bars [description end]

-



image 4

-

[Image ID 4] There are now four of them in the feeder, three in the bottom and one on the bars. The bird on the bars is peering into the feeder and looking down towards one on the bottom which is looking up. [description end]

-


I thought that the two birds in the front left of this photo slide looked like they were having a conversation!


image 5

-

[Image ID 5] A long-Tailed Tit caught in flight as it left the feeder.[description end]

-


©Dragonsflyatsunset 2021, all rights reserved.