Clay Lamp

Clay Lamp, unlit
-

[Image ID] Lamp with a clay base. The round LED bulb is an antique Edison design. The base is bottle shaped with the base of the bulb making the neck. It is made from clay which has been painted brown with a speckled paint effect on top. The lamp is in a corner with a couple of other objects to make the photo more interesting. [description end]

-

I’ve been intending to share these photos for a while, as this clay lamp base is a completed project from an online workshop hosted by Tea and Crafting that I attended a couple of months ago. I photographed it with a couple of similarly coloured objects that I thought made a nice scene.


Clay lamp, lit
-

[Image ID] Same scene as the previous photo but with the lamp on, creating an orange glow over the entire scene. [description end]

-

The example lamp in the workshop was left the natural grey of the clay with only a black speckle pattern added on. However, I decided to paint mine a variegated brown, before adding the speckles, to make it more my style.


photography ©Dragonsflyatsunset 2022, all rights reserved.