Flying Fish

Flying Fish watercolour painting

-

[Image ID] A watercolour painting. The sky is blue with some white clouds. The water in the foreground is green and brown. A blue and pink flying fish is in the centre having jumped out of the water on the right-hand side leaving a spray of green water in its wake. [description end]

-

This was an unusual subject for me, as I tend not to paint animals, but it made for a fun change. I was going through a pile of half-finished artwork when I found a piece which was entirely blank but for a section at the bottom which looked like waves. From there, the process was almost entirely improvisation, as I attempted to make something with the started painting whose original purpose had long been forgotten. I used Steadler Triplus fine liners to create the details on the flying fish.

©Dragonsflyatsunset 2022, all rights reserved.