Art Journal: Shells

Art Journal: shells photograph
-

[Image ID] A double page spread in my art journal. The background includes text and diagrams of varying degrees of legibility and wavy brown brown border goes all the way round both pages. Images of shells and sea urchins from a napkin have been stuck on top, with one cluster on each page, and are the main focus of the pages. [description end]

-


This art journal spread started with a layer of collage. I stuck down torn segments of a shell-print napkin and a parts list from a set of flat pack furniture instructions using Matte medium.

After that I applied a layer of creamy-pink acrylic paint to add some warmth to the otherwise stark white page.

I stamped a rope knot stamp in two diagonally opposite corners, and joined them by drawing wavy brown lines with a Fabre Castell Pitt Artist pen. I’m unsure what particular stamp I used for the script effect on the background, but it may have been from a 2018 issue of Creative Stamping.


-

Acrylic paints: pink, yellow, & white

Shell print napkin

Versafine Clair Ink: Acorn

Rope knot stamp: Simply Cards & Papercraft Issue 207

-