Lavinia Castle Card

Lavinia Castle Card Photo
-

[Image ID] A landscape scene on a square card, with a white border. A tall tree frames the scene on the left hand side. The sky is a mixture of blue tones. There are three sets of green hills. A multi-turreted castle sits on the furthest hillside. At the base of the tree, on the nearest hill, are brown toadstools of various heights. [description end]

-

My starting point for this card was the lovely castle stamp by Lavinia Stamps. I have previously only used this stamp in fantasy scenes but I thought it also worked well to represent an actual castle nestled amongst the hills.

The silhouette style of Lavinia Stamps meant that this card was quite simple to create. I ink blended the background with a mixture of distress inks and oxides, according to which had the most suitable colour. Once the background was finished I stamped the castle, tree, and mushrooms on top with Versafine Clair ink as it is the ink I have found gives the best results when stamping a silhouetted shape. After that I added a few details with thin pens, particularly on the castle windows and the outline of the hills. Finally, I used Distress Oxide in Ground Espresso to blend around the edges of the square panel for a framing effect.

-

All of the stamps used on this card are from Lavinia Stamps, the specific ones I used are:

Tree: Tree Stem & Tree Of Courage

Mushrooms: Meadow Mushroom (mini) & Slender Mushrooms (Mini)

Castle: Dragon Stone Castle

Distress inks: Crushed Olive & Peeled Paint

Distress Oxides: Ground Expresso, Prize Ribbon, & Tumbled Glass

-