Moonlit Park

Moonlit Park

[Image ID] A digital painting of a moonlit scene including two characters sat on a metal bench. In the top left corner is part of a ruined building to the right of which are some trees. Just over the top of the ruins, a crescent moon is visible. The characters on the bench are in the foreground. She is wearing a blue dress, grey-ish white arm-warmers and blue lace-up boots. Her hair is also blue. He is wearing a wine coloured top, grey trousers and black shoes. He has brown hair and his right hand is on her right shoulder. [description end]



This piece began as a pose practise sketch in Procreate, which I then decided to import into FireAlpaca and turn into a finished painting. The initial sketch focused entirely on the characters and the bench as I was deliberately sketching something which reflected Kyan and Kiyoshi’s relationship in a different part of the plot to where most of my illustrations have been set. Whilst the background was a spontaneous creation I deliberately included elements that fit in with the world of my story, such as the gothic church inspired ruin.

I also have a timelapse of my process on Youtube, which can be watched below:

-

Time taken: 8 hours

Programs: Procreate (initial sketch) & FireAlpaca (everything else)

Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K

Characters: Kyan and Kiyoshi, from my fantasy novel project – Candle Of Ice

-


Artwork and Characters ©Dragonsflyatsunset 2022, all rights reserved.