A Momentary Repose

A Momentary Repose artwork
[Image ID] A digital painting of two male characters in conversation. The character on the left is perched on the railings of a wooden balcony, whilst the other is leaning against the railings. [description end]

This was the first digital painting I started of these two, but it ended up taking me longer to finish than the one I shared in December. It was one of those pieces where I painted some areas, only to hide the layer and do it over again multiple times. 

In the storyline both characters lead busy lives, so I imagine this illustration depicting a moment one afternoon where their paths have crossed and both have time to spare. The background depicts the balcony at ‘Wangshu Inn’, which is a place Xiao is said to spend time. 


-

Time taken: 12.5 hours

Program: FireAlpaca

Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K

Characters: Xiao (left), and Aether (right), from the game ‘Genshin Impact

-