Conversation in a Park

This is another piece that was on exhibition in the latter months of last year, and so I’m only sharing now.

Conversation in a Park artwork[Image ID] A digital painting of two male characters chatting in a park. The character on the right is in a wheelchair and has a furry creature on his lap. [description end]


It features two characters from ‘Candle of Ice’ which is the fantasy novel project I’m slowly working on. This painting started out as a sketch I’d done for practise, but afterwards decided I liked sufficiently to turn into a full painting. Kiyoshi (left) has featured in various paintings before, and although Kyle (right) has been part of the story for a long time he hadn’t made it into any finished artwork until now. Cycloth also snuck into this piece, but for the time being she seems to be keeping out of any mischief.

I like paintings pieces like this where it is as though the viewer is a ‘fly on the wall’ to the characters going about their lives, rather than it seeming ‘posed for’.


This GIF shows various stages of painting this artwork.

Artwork process GIF


I’ve also uploaded a speedpaint time-lapse to my YouTube channel which can be watched below:


-

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Computer Type: Windows

Program: FireAlpaca

Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K

Characters: Kiyoshi (left), Kyle (right) & Cycloth (creature), from my fantasy novel project – Candle Of Ice

-

 

Artwork ©Dragonsflyatsunset 2024, all rights reserved.