Monolith Coast

Monolith Coast Artwork

[Image ID] A digital painting of a coastal landscape on a cloudy moonlit night. A range of hills are in the background and the sea is in the mid-ground. The focal point in the foreground is three standing stones, carved with Pictish symbols, and stood on a rocky outcrop [description end]


This painting was featured in:

  •  Peterborough Art Society's Summer Exhibition in June 2024.


I’m not sure what exactly inspired this piece as it had been sitting in my folders of unfinished sketches for quite a while before I decided to finish it.

The carving designs on the standing stones are inspired by Pictish carvings which are found in Aberdeenshire, and sometimes were even carved onto prehistoric monoliths.

The colour scheme of this painting changed several times as I was working on it. This ability to adjust everything as I go along is one of the things I like about digital painting.


If you'd like to watch a timelapse of the painting process, you can do so below or by visiting my YouTube channel - @DragonsFlyAtSunset.



-

Time taken: 2 hours

Computer Type: Windows

Program: FireAlpaca

Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K

-

 

Artwork ©Dragonsflyatsunset 2024, all rights reserved.