Mountain Dome

Mountain Dome Artwork
[Image ID] A portrait orientated, digital painting of a domed structure on the top of a mountain on a cloudy but moonlit night. A steep set of steps, crossing grassy terraces, lead up to the domed structure. [description end]


This painting was featured in:

  •  Peterborough Art Society's Summer Exhibition in June 2024.

This is another painting where I can’t pin down any specific source of inspiration. I think a lot of my landscape paintings start this way, as I simply begin sketching different things without anything in particular in mind as an end result. This means I end up with a lot of sketches which get abandoned soon after they're drawn, but sometimes I find them months or years later and ultimately finish them.

Compared to some of my landscapes which have a more ‘real’ feeling about them, this one leant a lot more into the fantasy themes I am often inspired by.


A timelapse of the process for this piece is available to watch below or on my YouTube channel:



-

Time taken: 2 hours

Computer Type: Windows

Program: FireAlpaca

Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K

-