Vaulted Tunnel

Vaulted Tunnel Artwork

[Image ID] A portrait orientated, digital painting of a vaulted tunnel. Your eye is led through the picture to the moon shining through a tall window, at the end of the tunnel, which is illuminating that end of the tunnel. The picture is done in a variety of shades of blue. [description end]


This painting was featured in:

  •  Peterborough Art Society's Summer Exhibition in June 2024.

Gothic architecture, and vaulted ceilings, are some of my favourite building subjects to paint, so it was interesting to do a piece which focused so heavily on the vaulted ceiling.

This painting went through quite a few stages before reaching this final result, including being originally painted in a completely different colour palette. However, as I was trying to work out what I didn’t feel was ‘quite right’ about that first version I decided to try reducing the colours to only tones of blue. I was much happier with the painting after that, so kept the reduced palette as I finished the painting.


Unfortunately I wasn't recording as I worked on this piece, so there isn't a speedpaint of the process.


-

Time taken: unknown

Computer Type: Windows

Program: FireAlpaca

Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K

-