Draculaura Paintings
Monster High is quite a nostalgic series for me and recently the series has been ‘rebooted’ and seems to be popping up everywhere again.
Draculaura has a lot of different ‘designs’, due to the fact that Monster High is also a line of dolls, and in these paintings she’s based off the ‘Core Refresh’ doll. I have one of these dolls myself and after looking at her for a while couldn’t help but want to draw her too.
[Image ID]She is sitting on a wooden box, and dressed the same as in the painting. [description end]
I started out by sketching it out digitally as it’s much easier to adjust the sketch that way. Below I’ve included a short timelapse video of this process.
After that I printed a copy of the lines to trace onto watercolour paper using a light box. The watercolour painting at the top of this post was actually the second version I worked on, but was the one I liked most.
[Image ID] Gouache painting of Draculaura. The colours and what she is wearing is the same as painting 1. [description end]
I like the colours in this gouache version, as it better reflects Draculaura’s distinctive hot pink colour, but I struggled a lot more to get the textural variation between the different types of material and fabric in her design.
Artwork ©Dragonsflyatsunset 2026, all rights reserved.
.png)
.png)
.png)