Neon City
I regularly do sketches from the outfits I put together on Stardoll, but on this occasion I liked it so much I decided to do a proper painting.
Originally I intended this painting to be done in my usual painting style without black lines, and if you watch the speedpaint you’ll see that I did a large part of it that way before deciding that it had lost something from the sketch stage and deciding to use the lines after all.
In the end I am glad I chose to revert to lineart even though it goes against my usual nature in digital work. I feel that the lines worked well for the blocky shapes of the city below, and helped bring out the different parts of her outfit even though there is little contrast in tones.
The background here is based on one in the game, which you can see pictured below including my character in the in-game version of the outfit.
[Image ID] Screenshot of the character, from a game, dressed in the same outfit. [description end]I did take a few creative liberties when it came to the drawing version, such as reducing the large sequined bunny ears to a more subtle black hairbow, but even so I tried to retain the feel of the original outfit.
I have also created a speedpaint timelapse for this painting which can be watched below or on my YouTube channel:
There are unfortunately a couple of places where the speedpaint ‘jumps ahead’ as I seemingly forgot to press record, but mostly it doesn’t affect the overall experience.
-
Time taken: 5 hours
Computer Type: Windows
Program: FireAlpaca
Drawing Tablet: Gaomon M106K
Character: my doll on the game Stardoll
-
Artwork ©Dragonsflyatsunset 2026, all rights reserved.
.png)
