Seilah Watercolour

Artwork Image

[Image ID] Watercolour painting of a female character in a blue kimono with long sleeves. [description end]


Seilah is a character from the anime/manga series 'Fairy Tail' which I have drawn a number of fan art pieces for over the years. All of my previous Fairy Tail fan art can be found here.

Although a fairly minor character in the grand scheme of the series, Seilah's design has always stood out to me as interesting although I’m not sure why. I drew her a few times many years ago, before I started posting my art here, and whilst sketching more recently I happened to get the urge to draw her again. The sketch turned out well, so scanned it into the computer, tided up the lines, then printed it out to trace over onto watercolour paper with a waterproof fineliner.

Like in my last watercolour character painting I used shimmer powders dropped into wet paper around the shape of the character to make the background. However this time I kept the background much more subtle as Seilah’s design stood out enough on its own and I merely wanted to add a little bit of interest to the otherwise plain paper.


 

Artwork ©Dragonsflyatsunset 2026, all rights reserved.